Last night was awful. Noah woke up screaming at 12:20 and then 10 minutes later fell back asleep. Then at 2:30 woke up again screaming, this time not going back to sleep. Dave got up and then I had to get up because the screaming turned shrill... yes, I mean shrill. Like a horror movie and Noah was being chased. So I got up, gave him some Tylenol (people from Tylenol, I love you, by the way) and then rocked him... still screaming, just a more shocked scream this time. So then (usually I don't do this) he came into bed with Dave and I and he still was crying but calming down. He finally fell asleep at 4am. Now I recognize that some might say I am pampered that Noah has been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks but really at 3 in the morning I am just thinking, "Seriously?"
This morning Noah screamed at 5:30 when Dave was getting ready, and instead of sleeping in decided to wake up at the same time. I turned on the tv and let him watch a cartoon so I could live in slumber for a little longer. 20 minutes later... Noah leans down and gives me 2 kisses, says "mamamamama" and then smiles at me.
Yeah... You totally redeemed yourself.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the screaming but the "mamama" is the best feeling ever isn't it?! Good job Noah!
Post a Comment