My husband has many talents.
He can rewire our whole house, he uses bleach like no one(except maybe Sarah, she is crazy off those fumes), he gardens, and can make a mean excel spreadsheet and statistical chart (so hot). But the man cannot give a back rub. to. save. his.(or my)life.
While talking to Sarah(when am I NOT talking to Sarah?!) we both agreed it is a conspiracy that husbands have. One that communicates "let's not set high expectations, because now that I show I am incapable, she will never ask me again". It kind of works. I have chosen my battle and this is not one of them. I on the other hand, somehow, gives great back rubs and he is ALWAYS asking for one.
If there is an argument I want to win, I give a back rub. I can never win an argument, IF I went to a real High School, debate team would not have been top on my list for clubs. Craft club? Yes! All arguments in my childhood left we me standing there calling my brothers "stupids". Yeah, I am that great with words. Therefore I am lowered to bribery and I am O.K. with this.
So last night, as we are having "couch time".
Me: "Honey, I love you and need you"
Dave: "I need you, too. I can't reach my own back"
1 comment:
BAHAHAHAHA!! That conspiracy is SO true...set the bar low = no expectations from the wife. Except for the bleach...that is a much needed quality in this world...
Post a Comment