Sunday, April 20

2-Months

Dear Noah,
Today you are 2 months old. The last month has g0ne by even faster than your first. You have changed so much, I don't even know where to begin.
Everyday you have a first
You made your first trip, you were a trooper, it got a little rough because we drove. But once you got back onto your schedule you were great. Auntie Sarah gave us lots of tips on how to make you even happier. Your cousins loved you (Hallie, Abby, unborn Titus, Maya, and Vera). Daddy missed us very much and thought you grew sooo much while we were gone.
You have developed a substantial roll under your chin that we have to make sure and clean it because we have found some treasures in there.

Bath time is no longer cry time, rather it is a time that you like to let loose. You just lay there and after 2 minutes there is a fountain, enjoyment for all.
We started to give you a bottle about once a day. It has been a little hard on me because it shows that you can live a few hours without me. I love our time when you nurse. You have been more awake and alert every day. About a week ago, you started really smiling and laughing. It is so much fun to sing with you. Daddy has been teaching you to say words, he swears you say "hi" to him, one word that mommy isn't too thrilled about is the "Booya" that he is trying to make you speak.You have discovered your hands and your tongue.You are becoming so strong with being able to hold your pacifier in half the time and wanting to stand up when you are held by your armpits. You have also taken a few swings at your dad and I. Daddy always sways back as if you were giving a strong right hook.

Diaper changes have not been as surprising, we have strategically manuevered around some "sticky situations".

You have been such a good baby, sleeping at least an hour in between each feeding. This has allowed me to get a lot done, although your awake time is becoming more and more each day.

Your hair has started to grow back on the top of your head since daddy brushed it and half of it came out. It was like a dissapearing act, you looked like an old man.
The biggest leap that has happened would be sleeping at night. In the last three days, you have slept 6 hours! I feel like a new and improved mommy. Babywise has been a blessing for our family.
Our family has changed, daddy and I find it rough sometimes to learn and adjust to how we are going to raise you. We are trying so hard to do things "right", like letting you cry yourself to sleep and not coming for you every time you whimper. It is hard because I never like hearing you cry.
Daddy and I decided that I would only go back to work part time, which seems like still too much time away from you. We still have 4 weeks until that has to happen. Daddy has been so great through this decision. You have a great father. He comes home for lunch when he can and reads to you at night from the "Dangerous Book for Boys".
This last month I have changed too. I have gone from being kind of sad to being pretty happy. You have helped with all your smiles and you are still very cuddly. My conversations will never be the same. I cannot go a moment without thinking about you. I don't think that will ever end. It has been hard for me to think of you as getting older. I want you to stay so little. But at the same time every change you make seems like such a victory.
I can't wait for the next month, week, milestone, change in your life.

I love you.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Drama Queens said...

WOW! He is getting chunky monkey! I can't believe he is 8 weeks old!! He is getting cuter every day, give him kisses from Auntie Sarah.

Post Ads (Documentation Required)

Author Info (Documentation Required)