Sunday, February 22

12 Months = One-derful

Dear Noah,
A whole year! One year ago our lives changed. Dad and I did not know what to expect and were scared to become parents. You have made it so easy on us. You have been such a good baby and we are so lucky to have you!
In the past month you have become happier and happier. You are smiling all the time and you can't wait to play with your toys.
Great-Grandma died this last month so you attended your first memorial and were able to see lots of family!
Then we made a quick decision and went to Boise so you could meet TeTe, Sylas and Isaac for the very first time! You had a good time playing with all the other kids! We had a great time and can't wait to come back.
You started eating larger bites because you now have 8 teeth! And I can feel the starts of many more! The best thing in your food adventures lately has been eating an apple off the core. You love it. I was a little hesitant at first but you are so enthralled by it!
We had your first birthday party. You got so many nice gifts and you didn't eat the cake but just the frosting.



You are paying attention to so many things around you. You will just sit at the window and watch the cars go by or at the store look at all of the different items and point.
Talking has been a fun thing to listen to. You babble and babble away. Different sounds are coming out of your mouth and you are looking at Daddy and I as if we should know what you are telling us. This month you got your first haircut. I was a little scared because of the last time we did anything with your hair half of it fell out. But this one was a success. We didn't want you to have a mullet and that is where you were headed. We had to give you a cookie and at one point hold your head but you were very good through the whole process.

One of the most heartwarming things you do is when daddy gets home at night you rush to the door with your arms up. I love watching you get excited when you hear the glass door open. You now anticipate dad's arrival. You still give the best hugs!Even though it has been a year, it doesn't feel like it has been that long. I wish I could box up every moment and relive it. You bring so much joy every day. Our life is so full with you in it. I can't wait until you wake up every morning and the new things you will learn and the unconditional love you give me. Thank you for one of the best years of my life.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Drama Queens said...

OH sweet sweet NOAH!! I miss your solemn little face with the occasional break of a smile that makes me feel like the most important auntie in the world when it is directed at me!! Can't believe you are the big 1!!

3 Short Ones said...

Happy Birthday Noah! Tell your El Salvadorian mamma she done good (and that Daddy of your's too)

And I totally agree with your mamma, I wish I could box up every moment and relive them and remember them all.

Post Ads (Documentation Required)

Author Info (Documentation Required)