After talking with my lovely sister in law last night (who is currently 29 weeks pregnant with 2 kids!, How does she do it?!) about what to have for dinner, I determined that I need to do meal planning. I usually have some idea of what to have for dinner, per my craving for the day. But with being more tired lately, it is a good idea to be more prepared. I also am not stopping by the store on my way home anymore because of the hassle it is to shop by myself and wait in line wondering if I am going to pee my pants.
Here is how the meal planning is going so far:
Tonight:
My mom has been providing dinner (thank you mom!) but if that falls through, Dave can stop by the grocery store with me after my doc appt. and we can figure out something quick and easy to make.
Start the No Knead Bread for tomorrow. (This is the easiest recipe ever and it comes out pretty delicious for the little bit of work)
Thursday night:
Manicotti (adding spinach and less cheese)
No Knead Bread
Salad
Friday Night:
Steak
Baked Potato (or smashed)
Broccoli
Saturday:
Going to my shower
Invited to dinner from people at church
Sunday:
Monday:
Matzo Ball Soup (Dave and I love this soup but I have never made it. I hope it turns out)
Pastrami sandwiches
Salad
Tuesday:
We always have tacos! Maybe Enchiladas.
So Sunday, Not sure what I will make, here are a couple recipes I have been wanting to try, maybe if I am feeling up to it, I will make one of these.
Panang Curry
Sweet Potatao Gnochi with Gorganzola
Cornish Game Hens - I like this blog, she just had a baby...
Chicken Chili
Peach-Raspberry Galette
Banana Gugelhupf
1 comment:
Try the book: Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely. It's got the menus, shopping lists, and it's broken into the four seasons. It takes the work out of coming up with your own menus.
Post a Comment