Saturday, July 12

Saving

So as I said before, since going back to work part time, I have been looking for ways to save money.

Walgreens
They have a promotion going where they have an easy saver coupon of $5 off 2 packages of their jumbo diaper packages, then if you buy 3 packages you get a $5 coupon off your next purchase.
I got 2 packages of diapers (7.99 each - $5 coupon = 11.00)
and a bottle of desitin (5.99 - 1 man coupon)
total 15.00 getting a $5 coupon off next purchase.
transaction 2
2 packages diapers (7.99 each - $5 coupon = 11.00)
total 11.00 - $5 coupon = 6 dollars
I think getting 192 diapers for 17 dollars is pretty good. The walgreens brand diapers seem fine to use.
Safeway
I just have been couponing it up! I saved $75 today and spent $75 and got a $5 coupon off my next purchase. They are having a summer savings deal going right now and only $25 more dollars til we can get .10 off each gallon of gas at their gas station.
Albertsons
They are having a buy 10 general mills products and get 2 free movie tickets
I have coupons for cereal and betty crocker items.
Office Max
Sign up for their max rewards and you can get 3 dollar credit for each empty cartridge. I have tons of empty cartridges and each set comes with 6 cartridges and is 35 dollars for the cartridges and 200 4x6 photo papers. Yeah!


Lastly, I bought this book

The idea is that you make your dough and refrigerate it and pull out the amount of dough every day and bake for that day. IT WORKS!
All I have done is made the dough (in Kitchen Aid mixer with dough hook) You just throw it all in the stand mixer and turn it on until it is incorporated (like 5 minutes).
Put the dough in this bucket and let it sit for 2-5 hours depending on dough recipe, this one is the challah recipe


Then put it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The first night I made the regular Challah.

Then today, I made hot dog buns for lunch.

This is saving us money because I am not buying buns or bread. This is the second batch. I have made cinnamon rolls, hamburger buns, and regular bread. I love it because it takes 20 min to preheat the oven, I rip a piece of dough out of the bin and then form it (no kneading) and bake it for 20-25 minutes and voila!



3 comments:

Tam said...

Oh man! I'm thinkin' I might have to try the book! It would seriously pay for itself after like 3 loaves of bread! Thanks for the tip...and way to go super coupon gal! I used the Lowe's one you had posted a few weeks ago ;)

carms said...

wow michal quite impressive. My coupon skills do not compare. Where do you get all your deals or how do you find out about them? Also what a great Idea for the bread!!! I am always freezing buns or they are in the fridge forever. I might have to invest in the book aswell.

3 Short Ones said...

I am buying that book! Great tips Michal!

Post Ads (Documentation Required)

Author Info (Documentation Required)