Dear Noah,
You are one month old today. So much has happened in your first month in the world outside my belly. Your birth was as smooth as I could have asked for, and you have been calm ever since.
In the hospital you received a lot of visitors and lots of beautiful flowers. You have received so many clothes that you will be well outfitted for the first year of your life. You are truly a lucky boy to have so many people that love you. Our family has been blessed.
You took your first shots like a champ. You screamed at first and then calmed right down. Breastfeeding has been a breeze because you had plenty of practice of sucking in the womb, your hands had sores on them from you sucking on them and daddy said that you even had one hand in your mouth when you were born. We were worried when you dropped birth weight and a lady had told me that I wasn't giving you enough nourishment, but we proved her wrong. You have gained weight like a champ. You weighed in over 8 lbs this week!

I love the way you look at me after a feeding and the gratifying burps. You like to try and watch tv but dad makes you avert your eyes. Bright lights have been intrigueing and the pacifier has been a great comfort.
Sleeping is one of your favorite things to do, and you do it well, giving mom and dad two 4 hour runs at night. It has been well needed.
Things that you have given me in the past month are beyond describable. I have a love for you that I have never felt. It must be a motherly love. I have never loved your daddy as much as I do now, it just lifts my spirits to watch him with you. You two are going to do all types of things together. He already relieves you of my tight swaddle when he thinks that it is too constricting. He also has changed more diapers than mommy has. He has gotten changing you down to a science, he learned after you surprised him with a couple of fountains. He always congratulates you when you have a full diaper.

You came down with a slight infection shortly after you were born. I have never felt more helpless and responsible in my life. It brought me to tears that you were hurt, I was so worried about you but you healed. Through this, I learned that your Auntie Sarah is an jewel of knowledge and such a great support. She has helped me through your first month to understand all the emotions and little worries I have about raising you.
I was afraid to be left alone with you when daddy went back to work but we did fine, and now I love our sleepy mornings. You grunt a lot in your sleep and make the best faces. My favorite is when you are about to fall asleep you give the biggest smiles.
Your nanny and papa have been very helpful in this first month too. Nanny has helped me get groceries and get out of the house. We love going grocery shopping with her and I am sure there are many more trips to come.
There has been so many changes with you in this first month, tummy time (where you accidentally rolled yourself over, and you can scoot yourself forward with your strong legs), to the fact that you have a bad case of baby acne.
When I have been sad in the past month, you have been my comfort. I just snuggle with you and all my gloomies go away.
This month has been life changing, daddy and I had no idea what we were going to encounter. We were scared and we pray that we are taking care of you in the best way possible. We have found that you are one of the best decisions we have ever made, and can't believe it has been 1 month already. You are already growing up too fast. Motherhood is a tough career, but I have never wanted to be more successful. You have made me a better wife and person in the past month.

I love you!
Love, Mommy
3 comments:
So, I have decided you need to start submitting your blog writing to a parenting magazine...it's the best ever! I am always excited when you post something new...so, now the pressure is on...you better not get boring on us (-:
That was so wonderful! You made me teary remembering when my babies were that little. I agree with Sarah...your posts are the best!
Tears in my eyes....after having such an amazingly difficult day with my own three little ones, you make me remind me how much I love being a mom. I always love your blogs!
Post a Comment